How much more of an advantage do these young couples have! They can choose now before bad habits form to be in control of their financial situation and not let debt or the state of the economy control them. But they must have a plan! They must communicate about goals and the steps to achieve those goals.
My husband and I have taken this challenge to become debt free and we are on our way to determine our own future. We are writing our story! Will you join us?
Here's some things we have done to set a new course for our finances:
- Define goals and write them down: Do you want to own your own business? Maybe you want your wife to be able to stay home and raise your children? Maybe you want to travel?
- Inventory: List debt and determine in your budget how you will begin paying it down.
- Income: Find ways to generate extra income so you can achieve your financial goals sooner.
- Commit! Both of you must commit and not stray from the plan.
- Tithe: Giving God your first fruits on all you make creates a natural order in your finances.
If you want help ensuring your finances are in order please email me or purchase my book on financial restoration. It's never too late to take your life back!